Have I got a boiler fault?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, I have an Ariston Microgenus combi installed in the kitchen. I came down early this morning and the kitchen was incredibly hot with condensation running down the windows and patio doors. It appears that this was adventitious heat from the boiler which was running all night due to demand from the hot water circuit. (though i've not yet fully explained the high relative humidity). The heating was turned down on the lounge room stat and all other rooms were cool so I'm pretty sure that the heating circuit
wasn't active. This evening confirmed my suspicions when I noticed that despite turning the stat down the boiler continued to run as though there was a demand for hot water yet I'm pretty sure there are no water leaks to the kitchen or bathroom. Is it possible that a boiler fault triggers the boiler into thinking there's a hot water demand when there isn't and if so what might the likely fault be? Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back