Have you ever broken/fractured your radius which is a forearm bone/wrist bone

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kettlejim

If you've broken your arm how long did it take before you could return to full use of the arm? I've broken my arm when I slipped in the shower and it's still hurting 4/5 weeks later and am still not able to use it at all. Apparently it was a light break/fracture

Sponsored Links
6 months and years later occasionally still hurts but only for a few minutes, just to remind me.

Depends to a certain extent as to age may be

broke my arm and leg at the same time many many years ago

arm healed up 3 months ish bone between wrist and elbow ??

Leg a lot longer as it was a compound fracture and required plating

Sponsored Links
Depends to a certain extent as to age may be broke my arm and leg at the same time many many years ago arm healed up 3 months ish bone between wrist and elbow ?? Leg a lot longer as it was a compound fracture and required plating
That sounds bad as well as painful - 3 months might be what I'm looking at - the nurses and consultant said it was a break but didn't need a cast - but still hurts considerably

That sounds bad as well as painful - 3 months might be what I'm looking at - the nurses and consultant said it was a break but didn't need a cast - but still hurts considerably

a break can also result in nerve damage

my arm is fine but I never regained full feeling in the right side of my foot on the leg break

does not make any odds to me but if it occurred in an arm ?????

If you've broken your arm how long did it take before you could return to full use of the arm? I've broken my arm when I slipped in the shower and it's still hurting 4/5 weeks later and am still not able to use it at all. Apparently it was a light break/fracture

Had a few w***ing injuries over the years. Mostly just sprains. Never broken anything so far. Touch wood! :sneaky:

I fractured my arm at work, at around 18 - that was splinted and I was back at work the next day, with the splint of in a few weeks. I fell in the bath and fractured my right index finger at 40 - I splinted that myself with one of SWMBO's plastic hair rollers, I removed that after a couple of weeks and just treated it gently for a month or two - that remains slightly bent.

Breaks take longer, 3 to 6 months to fully repair.

Broke a small bone, called the scaphoid, at the base of my right wrist about 30 years ago. Very painful and difficult to diagnose under x-ray. Took around 12 weeks to get functional again but much longer to regain full strength. Then about 6-7 years ago I did the same to my left. They said at first they thought I had just badly sprained it after a fall in work but I was insistent I'd 'damaged' the scaphoid so they re-x-rayed it and found it broken. That also took around 12 weeks off work.

Do they still put people in traction for leg breaks ?

I was in traction for 2 weeks I think ??? With the leg

I recall one bloke on the ward who
Had 2 broken arms 2 legs

it seemed his entire body was in plaster

transpired he hit some harbour wall water ski ing

No two broken bones are the same.

If you're worried your break still hurts after 4/5wks then me telling you some of mine still hurt after 20+yrs isn't going to make you very happy.

My wrist is classed as 20% down in manual dexterity. Like most disabilities (I hate that word) you learn to live with it. All I can say is listen to your physio, most folk don't & who knows how much better their life would be if they had.

No, just an hairline crack. That's why I still can't understand why it was so painful for so long.
That doesn't make sense to me either. I thought the more complex the fracture/break the more time it needs to heal - they almost seemed to think my wrist fracture was nothing more than a scratch which it probably is compared to other peoples
Hello Jim
Hello Bodd, fancy a pint, my old mucker?
All I can say is listen to your physio, most folk don't & who knows how much better their life would be if they had.
I didn't even get a cup of tea nor paracetamol let alone a physio
Do they still put people in traction for leg breaks ?
I remember that was quite common to see it - I'm guessing they still do as the science behind it is sound I think
transpired he hit some harbour wall water ski ing
Could of easily been fatal

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back