having problems getting a fixing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im finding it hard getting a fixing on an old lath wall to fix a radiator. i have one side fixed but not the other

Sponsored Links
"Umbrella" fixings, about 3 per bracket. Penny washers can be useful too.

Run a bead of silicone behind the rad bracket, fix it to the wall as best you can, leave for 24hrs to go off then hang the rad on it.

The wall will come down before the rad bracket comes away from it :eek: ;)

Sponsored Links
Reminds me of when i used no nails to hang curtain pole supports. stuck beautifully to the plaster ,shame it pulled the plaster skim off the wall when curtains where added. :confused:

If you drill about 11 holes in the bracket and use about 25 mm screws in each they will usually form an adequate fixing.

Although each one has little strength, about 8 will hit the laths and between them constitute an adequate fix for your own domestic use.

In a more demanding application, I would use 18 mm MDF sheet securely fixed to the studding and fix the brackets to the MDF.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back