Hawk FER Combi boiler wont fire up for the heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello im new to the site which ive been looking around today looks good guys

well here is my problem

1) Boiler make / model -- FER Hawk Combi Type C1 GAS

2) What is / is not happening -- Ive got hot water and the boiler fires up well. But when i want the heating to come on it trys to fire but dies and a little red light come up on the board some times it will fire and run for a few mins then die again the rads luke warm but nowhere near hot.

things ive checked

pressure is at 1.5 bar
pressure swicth is working
pump is spining
fan is working

and everything works when i want hot water just not the heating

3) Has ANYTHING else been done / changed recently not that i know of

4) When did it (problem) start -- a few weeks ago

5) When does it happen? -- heating coming on

Sponsored Links
Try measuring the resistance of the temperature sensors ( if you can ) ideally with everything cold.

Tony

Hiya thanks for the reply

im not getting anything from the heating sensor but im getting 9.11 on the hot water sensor

Sponsored Links
Try swapping them over ( after draining ) and see if the fault swaps over!

Tony

thanks mate will try it tomorrow will let you know how it goes

also have you ever heard of my boiler

I would not risk replying if I had never heard of it!

It would be the legless leading the blind!

There is only one boiler that I have not heard of yet!

Tony

lol thanks its just everyone ive rang said they dont know it and ive been looking all over the net for the makers without any luck but i will try what you say and will let you know how it goes :)

Its a ferroli in drag.
I'm not familiar per se but you will probably find it's the CH thermistor. Rather than swap the sensors over you can often swap the leads over BUT ONLY FOR TESTING PURPOSES

i did what you said and YEs the boiler fired up and ran untill i turned it off

so i guess its down to that sensor

is there a proper name or part code for it and where could i pick one up

and last of all thank so much for helping me out

cheers guys

craig

Ferroli have a very good website where you can download service manuals. www.ferroli.co.uk I have a Ferroli Modena102 about 6 Years old the thermistors are the same for CH & DHW it is policy to change both. I found mine on the net at BES in Birmingham, You might find locally if youre lucky, cost about £4 each.

Hope this helps.

JonB

thanks thanks thanks you guys are so helpful ive just downloaded the book for the boiler which will be a big help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back