HAWK II Combi Boiler Over Pressurizes and De-pressurizes.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Firstly, I am a fool.

Secondly, my clock was broken on my boiler, so I fixed it. In doing so, I was so pleased with myself, that I turned off the boiler and then couldn't re-ignite it.

I thought this was because it was over pressure (it was at 3bar) so I tried to adjust the pressure and fiddled with the three taps going into the bottom of it. (On the far left, I believe is the cold water inlet / The re-pressurizing tap / and a third, possibly for allowing water back in from the radiators).

Obviously this was to no avail, as the boiler was off. I paid a plumber £50 to come and turn on my boiler...

Now however, when I have a shower or put on the heating, the pressure keeps raising and when left overnight drops to 0.

Without any rude comments on my incompetency, could anyone give me a hand with this?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Might be the pressure vessel needs renewing or have you left the cold fill valve on :?:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back