HD channels disappearing overnight.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just replaced a Samsung TV with a 50” Panasonic TX-50JX850B in my “man cave”.

4 times in 10 days when we turn the TV on it has lost some HD channels, retune and all back and working, reported to TV supplier and he doesn’t suspect a faulty tuner as it’s retaining the non HD channels.

He suggested a signal issue, checked signal strength and quality, both 100%, said it could be due to the signal passing through a Sky Box, so have completely removed the redundant Sky Box and all associated cables.

My set up now consists of the aerial down lead going directly into a Labgear LDU608G Home Distribution Hub, switch set to UHF and 7 leads out connected to TV’s.

Still losing the HD Channels just on the one TV.

Any ideas,

Thank you in advance.

Sandy.

Sponsored Links
First thing - turn off the auto update feature in the TV.

Next, what transmitter are you on. Is it Winter Hill? If so then the signal from it is strong, and the combination of the field strength (how strong the signal is where your aerial is picking up) plus the amplifying effect of the Labgear and the fact that you've got 100% Strength and that Panasonic tuners are (IME) more sensitive than some other brands could all be adding up to a little signal overload at the tuner.

None of this rules out other causes such as weak shielding on pre-made TV fly leads or some other local variations. However, there isn't enough info in the thread so far to make any proper deductions so we go with the simple fixes first.

Try switching off auto update and then lets go from there.

First thing - turn off the auto update feature in the TV.

Next, what transmitter are you on. Is it Winter Hill? If so then the signal from it is strong, and the combination of the field strength (how strong the signal is where your aerial is picking up) plus the amplifying effect of the Labgear and the fact that you've got 100% Strength and that Panasonic tuners are (IME) more sensitive than some other brands could all be adding up to a little signal overload at the tuner.

None of this rules out other causes such as weak shielding on pre-made TV fly leads or some other local variations. However, there isn't enough info in the thread so far to make any proper deductions so we go with the simple fixes first.

Try switching off auto update and then lets go from there.

Thanks for your reply, firstly my transmitter is indeed Winter Hill, I’m on the Lancashire coast.

I will turn off the “Auto Update” feature tonight when I get home.

I don’t have any pre made fly leads, I made the leads from the Labgear Distribution Hub to all of the TV points and the fly leads myself using RG6 cable and “F” connectors.

Sponsored Links
Quick update, thanks Lucid since I turned off “Auto Update Channel List” I haven’t lost any HD channels overnight, that’s 6 nights and counting.

Prior to that it had happened 4 times in 10 days so fingers crossed this has fixed it.

Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back