Header O/Flow Tank Hot - Boiler making Banging Noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a new central heating system fitted within the last year.

Potterton Suprima 100 Boiler
New Pump
New Clinder Stat
New Controller
And that thing that sits beneath the pump that switches from Hot Water to Radiators and vice versa.

As usual the plumber that installed is no longer in the area.

Anyway, I have now find that my Boiler is making a banging noise when it turns it's self off, a real banging and clanging noise.

All my rads have TVR's except the one in the bathroom which is a towel radiator. This all of a sudden has got extremely hot, I have also discovered that the small tank in the loft is full of Boiling Hot water.

When the boiler shuts down the pump starts making a noise as if there is no water in the system.

I have bled all radiators and all pump out water with the exception of the bathroom rad. This gives out a little air but no water seems to be pushing out yet it is still boiling.

Anybody have any thoughts on where the problem could lie?

Sponsored Links
YOu must get all the air out of the bathroom rad/rail. Do it with the pump off.
This boiler needs a better "bypass" than just a towel rail, see the blrs installation instructions which should have been left with you..
Does it boil (bang) just before, or just after, the boiler switches off?
Do things get quieter if you turn the boiler temp down?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back