Header tank constantly overflowing

• Thread starter plumbingservices
  • Start date
P

plumbingservices

Not been to this yet but had call from my friend who has asked me to have a look,far as i can gather is following: Had new ballvalve, one mixer tap in bathroom,non return valve on hot side. New cylinder , Both header and f&e tank on same level. Vent pipe not too short. Hot water cylinder stat seems to be working and set at 60 degrees. All seems to have happened after new fit. It`s unvented,header tank in loft cylinder below, standard 36 x 18 indirect. Anyone offer any advice? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sooory! :oops: It`s obviously vented! Has anyone any a clue? Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Remove the nrv on the hot side then fit the cold on the mixer tap to the gravity supply.

Thanks Norcon, hot being gravity, do you mean disconnect hot feed and connect cold main? as far as i know to mixer tap the cold is mains and the non return was fitted to the gravity hot side because of the constant overflowing.Gonna go next week and have a proper butchers, thinking of draining header, heating up cylinder and see what happens, but to be honest I`m baffled at minute.What you think? Thanks for the help.

If it was set up before as gravity cold and hot to taps then that's how it should have been left.

It`s always been set up as gravity hot ,mains cold, the non return valve was fitted to hot to stop cold main pushing through gravity side and into header tank.It was thought that this may have been the problem. Are YOU a plumber? :LOL:

i would suspect an alien has fallen in and to stop it self from drowning is pulling on the float arm, thus causing the CISTERN to overfill :mrgreen:

Not been to this yet but had call from my friend who has asked me to have a look,far as i can gather is following: Had new ballvalve, one mixer tap in bathroom,non return valve on hot side. New cylinder , Both header and f&e tank on same level. Vent pipe not too short. Hot water cylinder stat seems to be working and set at 60 degrees. All seems to have happened after new fit. It`s unvented,header tank in loft cylinder below, standard 36 x 18 indirect. Anyone offer any advice? Thanks.

I rest my case.... "plumbingservices"????.. :LOL:

Snigger away, can`t see you 2 Muppets offering any solution. Grow up. :rolleyes:

Norcon covered it in a single sentence.

I think the householder ought to call a plumber.

There might be other mixer taps, especially ceramic, or shower mixer.

There might be all sortys of other things!

Even aliens for all we know!

I saw some at the airport recently! One side for UK plus EU and the other for aliens!

There was this auto passport control where you have to keep staring at the camera for minutes and eventually when you are getting bored/annoyed they let you through!

When I first walked in there was a big red cross which illuminated and said "Alien present" so I backed off and waited until a green ENTER lit up. I think I had walked in too soon after the previous guy. They don't want you to get through then too quickly in case it renders the manned booths redundant.

But behind this auto set up are three people sitting at monitors and I bet they watch the guys in the auto and make them sweat before they press the "let them in" button!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back