Header Tank not refilling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently put some fernox superconcentrate restorer into my central heating system to clean it, via the radiator bleed.

As per the instructions I drained down the system afterwards, but now I can't refill it with water as the header tank is not refilling.

The header tank in loft is almost flush with the ceiling, so I found it almost impossible to reach the ballcock inside. The ballcock was sitting very low in the tank and the water level did not drop as the system was drained. This leads me to believe that this has been broken for some time and the CH has been running without the header tank for some time (if this is possible ??)

The ballcock does not appear to have snapped off and is still attached, so I presume the valve is sticking or broken?

Does this sound like a correct diagnosis ? and if so, does anyone have an idea of the amount of work / costs involved to rectify this kind of problem ?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Good diagnosis on both counts.............only thing to do is either remove tank to get@ valve, or lower it to get future access too :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back