Refilling open bented CH system - Won't refill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies if this has been covered. I've searched, but not found anything.

I've been stung by this problem twice now! Different properties, both new.

I've removed a radiator, went through the usual process of draining down, tying up the ballcock in the header tank. When trying to refill the system, the header tank fills, but the system dosent. Nothing in rads.

The last time, a few years ago, a plumber friend of a friend called me and talked me through moving some switch thing under the HW tank. immediatley, water flowed into the system.

I cant find anything this time. I have a 3 way mid port valve thingy. Moving this has not effect.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
2 NEW houses.......... :eek: .like New built or new2you.........another lashed up heating system then........just backfill through a drain cock with an assistant watching the f+e tank so it don`t overfill ;)...I just love new houses :mad:

Thanks Nige.

1 new build, this one 3 yr old. What's the f+e tank? Is this the small tank that has the mains/ballcock inlet?

If I connect a hose to the draincock, what will I see in the loft when the system is full? Will the system refill when I bleed the rads?

What causes this?

Cheers

Allan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back