Powermax 155 won't fire up after refill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Powermax 155 open vented boiler. I had to drain down the system to move a radiator. Having refilled the system and bled the radiators the boiler now won't fire up. I've opened the drain valve on the side of the boiler to check if there's water in there and it flows out. I can also hear the boiler refilling from the header tank when I do the above.

The fan turns and the ignition clicks away but the burner light won't come on. After 5 attempts the lockout light comes on.

I have pressed both lockout switches so I don't think it's either of those.

Any help would be most appreciated!

Sponsored Links
You seem to have an ignition/combustion problem but we don't give any advice for DIY repairs for those issues.

About the only thing that you could do is check the schematic and see if there is any resettable overheat device which only interrupts the gas valve.

Otherwise its time to call an engineer! But its quite an old boiler and there have been safety issues so few engineers will want to repair them. You may need to call Baxi.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back