Powermax 155 Boiler - Lockout and loud noises

F

Force

Please can you help? :?:

I have a problem with my Powermax 155 boiler. Everything was working ok, but the other day the boiler began to whistle and bubble, so I turned it off. I noticed that a downstairs hot water tap had been left trickling overnight.

Initially I thought that air might have entered the system or that the water level was low, but the system pressure is normal (1.5 Bar). I've drained and refilled the boiler and checked all of the radiators and pumps for air.

Now when I attempt to turn on the system it goes into Lockout and the burner fails to light. The whistling noise has stopped, but there is a loud bubbling noise and the flue in the attic is coughing and gasping.

Can anybody diagnose this problem so that I have a rough idea of what to say to a plumber? :confused:

Sponsored Links
Yes i can diagnose but because of the nature of this boiler it is not diy work and these babies need to be carefully repaired/serviced. Any competant powermax repairer will know instantly what the problem is so get one in and describe what you have posted on here.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back