PowerMax 155 - Whirring noise on start-up?

icm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a PowerMax 155 boiler (IMI Range) which makes a a loud whirring noise when the burner kicks-in first thing in the morning to heat up the water and the radiators. This resonance which sounds like a constipated cow moo-ing! - lasts for about 5-10 seconds before it quietens down The system is about 10 years old and has a header tank in the loft. Is this easy to resolve? (We haven't needed to use the alarm clock in ages!)

Sponsored Links
When was the last time you have it serviced??

Check Header to make sure its not dry.

If not then get it serviced and notify the lucky engineer about the noise prior to him arrving on your door step.

Could be gas/ air mixture, a cracked burner, corroded baffles all of which you need a proper CORGI to deal with, BG or Potty will do a fixed price repair I am sure!

When was the last time you have it serviced??

Check Header to make sure its not dry.

If not then get it serviced and notify the lucky engineer about the noise prior to him arrving on your door step.

Could be gas/ air mixture, a cracked burner, corroded baffles all of which you need a proper CORGI to deal with, BG or Potty will do a fixed price repair I am sure!

Dittto

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the effect of a weak gas/air mixture!

Definately a boiler to get a competent CORGI to repair.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back