powermax 155

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all, some help / info please....
My powermax 155 has failed. The unit has power, but the green burner light is not on and will not result by the recommended method of powering down, waiting 10 seconds and powering up again. Whilst I think this could be the ignitor or the gas check valve, I have been advised that the likely cause is a faulty thermocouple. Some expert advice would be appreiciated.....thanks!

Sponsored Links
I think the advice is get an expert!

I did not think that your model had a permanent pilot in which case it would not have a thermocouple.

Failure to ignite usually implies that you have not had the boiler serviced this year ? Could also be the ignition PCB or the gas valve but these need a CORGI engineer. ( Maybe the o/h stat has tripped ? )

I see a lot of postings about this model but I get called to only one a year so I cannot remember them in great detail. I need to stand in front of it and see it !

Tony Glazier

check the system pressure is above 1 bar if its a sealed system model as this interupts the gas valve :confused: otherwise could be pcb gas valve or electrodes ;)

Sponsored Links
Mylee said:
Morning all, some help / info please....
My powermax 155 has failed. The unit has power, but the green burner light is not on and will not result by the recommended method of powering down, waiting 10 seconds and powering up again. Whilst I think this could be the ignitor or the gas check valve, I have been advised that the likely cause is a faulty thermocouple. Some expert advice would be appreiciated.....thanks!
Is the water pressure above 0.5 on the dial if not top up system

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back