POWERMAX 155 BOILER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a powermax 155 boiler and I have removed 2 radiators from upstairs. I have been reading the book on how to refill the system and what is in the book bears no relation to my boiler! As there are no obvious ways to refill the the system I was wondering if anyone out there could help. How do I know when the correct pressure has been reached as there doesn't appear to be a gauge. Further more, the burner light has now gone out and I'm starting to shiver! Could this be due to low system pressure? [email protected][/url][/wiki]

Sponsored Links
How do I know when the correct pressure has been reached as there doesn't appear to be a gauge. Further more, the burner light has now gone out and I'm starting to shiver! Could this be due to low system pressure? [email protected][/url][/wiki]

Range or Potterton HE Powermax?
It could be low pressure, the boiler has a cut-out.
There should be a filling loop installed on the system, usually a braided silver-coloured hose about 300mm long.
There should be a pressure gauge on the top left of the boiler control panel.

Sponsored Links
It dones not seem that she is very interested in getting your help.

This demonstrates just how important it is to ensure that you know how to refill your system before you start draining any part of it.

Tony

or even wheather your system is sealed or open vented

It's an open vented model. Check the tanks in the above the boiler normally in the roof space.

It's an open vented model. Check the tanks in the above the boiler normally in the roof space.

Okay, I've checked the tank in the loft above the boiler and it all appears fine. Water isn't frozen, tank all intact, ball cock working as it should. Does an open vented system still need to be manually refilled because I've looked and looked and can't find anything that looks as though it is meant for refilling the system.

Thanks,

What did you shut off to prevent the water from pouring out when you took the rads off?

What did you shut off to prevent the water from pouring out when you took the rads off?

Hi,

The taps either side of the radiator. Unfortunately one of the taps leaks so i've put the radiator back on as a temporary fit to "catch the drips." The down side obviously is that the system pressure has dropped which has tripped the switch in the boiler and shut it down.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back