Powermax 155 Refilling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a powermax 155 boiler, I am intending on replacing a radiator in the near future and am curious how I go about refilling the boiler once I have done this. I do not have any literature for the boiler at all.

From what I've read there appears to be sealed and non-sealed versions, I do not appear to have a filling loop or pressure gauge so I assume that I have a non-sealed boiler - how can I confirm this?

Sponsored Links
If its a open vented powermax there will be a small plastic header tank in your loft to supply it. Stick your head in the loft and have a look

Not wanting to hijack the thread but I have the same problem. I have taken the cover off the boiler and it has no filling loop or pressure gauge.

Can someone explain how I can top the radiators back up once I have refitted them ?

It is a Range Powermax 155x. I have looked at the instructions on the Baxi website and the boiler looks nothing like the one I have. I have just moved into the house and dont have the instructions.

Can anyone help

Sponsored Links
Silly me

I was looking for a large tank like an immersion heater. they have hidden an atmospheric tank in a cupboard on top of the boiler. It was all hidden away with mdf.

Does this mean this tank refills itself when i drain the water off a radiator. Does it automatically control the pressure in the system ?

I am used to a closed system with a filling loop and pressure gauge so all of this is new to me.

Any help would be appreciated

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back