HEADER TANK ON COMBI.........!!!!!!!!!

Why would regular filling cause sludge in the boiler and system ?
Because you are continually adding fresh oxygenated water. The best wrecker of central heating systems known!!

Have you tried adding a dose of leak sealer to the system?

What you are planning is a bit like continually taking asprin for a headache - treating the symptoms not the root cause of the problem.

Sponsored Links
no.... the header would contain a mostly static amount of water... 1 quantity of oxygen. concentrate on sorting the leak rahter than working around it... a couple cartidges of leak sealer should sort it.

How many cartridges of leak sealer can I use, I tried 2 of the Fernox but that did not work. The pressure drops very slowly when the heating is on but if I turn the heating of it goes from 1.5bar to 0 in about an hour. are there any magic ways of finding a leak?

How long does the leak sealer take to work? is it instant because last time the system still dropped to zero

Sponsored Links
There is a water pressure sensor on the syntesi. I f the pressure falls below approx 0.5bar, the boiler wont work. If the old tank is only 2m above the boiler you wont get sufficient pressure (0.2bar). Unfortunately, if leaksealer hasn't worked, you'll have to start the search for the leak the old fashioned way! Up with the floorboards.

Its a serious major job to access the pipes, full laminate floor to come up, then a wayrock floating floor. are there any better leak sealers available? even if the header tank is 114 litres would that not give sufficent pressure.

If the leak is not visible whats wrong with a auto fill loop?

Regardless of the size of tank,the pressure into the system is dependant on the height of the tank i.e. the head of water. Auto fill systems are good, but if there is a leak and you are constantly adding fresh water to the system there will be hell to pay in terms of corrosion. Sorry mate, but sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and start searching for the leak. :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back