health and safety

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
as it was sports day the other day the parents were asked to meet their kids in the school hall to administer sun tan lotion as the teachers could not do it due to health & safety regs :confused: how mad is that?when i was at school i got caned for being a naughty boy.every time one of my kids fall over in the playground they ring us up at work to say not to worry but they have fallen over and theres nothing to worry about.they have to do this apperently to cover themselves.what parent would'nt worry when told that.i know they have to abide by strict regulations but its getting a bit out of hand now.mad.barmy.bonkers.

Sponsored Links
ohmygodwhathaveyoudone said:
as it was sports day the other day the parents were asked to meet their kids in the school hall to administer sun tan lotion as the teachers could not do it due to health & safety regs :confused: how mad is that?when i was at school i got caned for being a naughty boy.every time one of my kids fall over in the playground they ring us up at work to say not to worry but they have fallen over and theres nothing to worry about.they have to do this apperently to cover themselves.what parent would'nt worry when told that.i know they have to abide by strict regulations but its getting a bit out of hand now.mad.barmy.bonkers.
Can't blame them with all these lawyers 4 us firms around just waiting to help those unscrupulous individuals take advantage of a situation.

Went to a briefing session at school last week as my 4 year old daughter starts school in September. We were told that the children must be able to use toilets on their own as the teachers were 'not allowed' to go inside.
Whilst I understand the reason, am I going to get a phone call to ask me to come to school as she has an 'accident'? Funny that nurseries are allowed to do this.

Sponsored Links
pna said:
Went to a briefing session at school last week as my 4 year old daughter starts school in September. We were told that the children must be able to use toilets on their own as the teachers were 'not allowed' to go inside.
Whilst I understand the reason, am I going to get a phone call to ask me to come to school as she has an 'accident'? Funny that nurseries are allowed to do this.
on purely health and safety grounds the teachers would not get involved as there might be a risk of cross infection.
and of course because of the society we live in today there is also the question of privacy.

Back