Health and safety...

Sponsored Links
No reply for this then dork......
Drove a 7 ton flatbed lorry (not mine) up to a junction once put my foot on the non existant brakes and no hand brake.
Ran backwards for about 1/2 mile picking up a lot of speed meeting cars in reverse then seen my chance and slammed it into a ditch where we hit a tree and lifted about 8 feet into the air.
Who was at fault?

You seem so keen to exonerate the drivers.

Sponsored Links
Couldn't get it into gear.
Not to worry though, dork likes to exonerate the drivers.

Last edited:
When Dork claims the "Sun" shines out of his bottom, does that mean a flaming newspaper has been rammed up his rectum?
I see no good reason why the driver should get off but await to be enlightened if his arse cheeks haven't been too badly burnt!

Know someone who sends his un licenced son to shift a 17 ton excavator on a low loader. Had a word with him once and said he doesn't bother chaining the machine on. didn't ask him why because already knew the answer. It takes up time!
So explained to him what can and will happen. But the lad knows best. Thinks that because its big and heavy it can't slide.
Spoke to his da and explained what was going on.
If the excavator slides off, crushes a car and kills people then who is too blame?

You are as culpable as the driver. When you drive any vehicle you, as the driver, accept full responsibility for using that vehicle in a safe condition and driving it in a safe manner. If you are driving a lorry with a load on board, even if you didn't load the cargo yourself, you are responsible for ensuring it is secured to the vehicle properly.
In law, if you know a person is not taking due care and attention when driving a vehicle, be it a laden lorry or a car that you know to be faulty or even just a driver who 'appears' to be not fit to drive, then you have a legal obligation to either challenge them directly, (in a non-aggressive manner), or to notify the authorities of your observations.

It is the same in the workplace. If you know someone is under the influence of drink or drugs then you must report them to your supervisor and they must take appropriate action to confirm or absolve them. People may not like me for this but I had occasion to do just this to a team member a few months ago. He turned up for work clearly drunk, (smelt on his breath when he spoke, not quite steady on his feet when he walked and slurred his speech when asked a question), so I had no option to report his condition to my supervisor. Turns out others had seen him entering work and reported to their supervisors who contacted our supervisor. He was interviewed with a representative present and suspended for the rest of the shift without pay and issued a written warning. The following week a similar incident occurred and again, as his team leader I was told he was on his way in and in a similar manner. Called him into the office and told him I would be reporting him again, which I did. He was summarily dismissed without notice by higher management.
Harsh? Not in my opinion. We are a maintenance team working on multi million pound, high speed production machinery. If we sign a maintenance sheet stating the machine is safe to run then we are the ones in the front line if a fault occurs because of something we didn't check and someone gets injured/killed. These same rules apply outside the workplace. If I knew someone was drunk and was going to attempt to drive home I would physically remove their keys or, if that was not possible for whatever reason, I would inform the police. I don't want someone's death on my conscience.

You know this guy doesn't chain down the excavator then you must report it to the authorities. You can do this anonymously if you prefer.

You are as culpable as the driver.

How so?
Am I supposed to police the roads? Am I supposed to report every single incident of negligence I see every day?
And another thing. How do you know he didn't chain the load after I spoke to him?
Have you even the slightest idea of what I said to him? To both of them?
Do you even know who I am and what my back ground is? NO on all counts.
So stick your safety lecture where the sun don't shine .
Same goes for dork.

Last edited:
If you know someone is under the influence of drink or drugs

How many times have you drove a vehicle whilst drunk?
And how many times have you seen someone you know who is/was driving a vehicle whilst under the influence, and never reported it to the police?
Does the sun shine out of your arze also like dorks?
Same questions to dork about driving and alcohol.

Last edited:
Your own words;
"
Roger928 said:
Know someone who sends his un licenced son to shift a 17 ton excavator on a low loader. Had a word with him once and said he doesn't bother chaining the machine on. didn't ask him why because already knew the answer. It takes up time!
So explained to him what can and will happen. But the lad knows best. Thinks that because its big and heavy it can't slide.
Spoke to his da and explained what was going on.
If the excavator slides off, crushes a car and kills people then who is too blame?"

I didn't say you should 'police the roads', merely stated that you have a legal duty to report something that is wrong/dangerous etc.
Maybe he did chain the load after you spoke to him, but then maybe he didn't.
You obviously know I am correct as you quickly resorted to insulting me. That's your prerogative.

Not going to be dragged into a pointless argument with someone who can't put their case across without insults but I will give you the grace of this final reply.

You are quite correct stating that I don't know you. To me, and to many others on this forum, you are simply a name. Likewise you do not know me. I am just a name on this forum the same as you.

As for the question of how many times have I driven whilst drunk the answer is never. Yes, I enjoy a drink so I'm not a tee-total but I will never drive after having any alcohol.
As for reporting others who where under the influence I have reported two drivers. One a total stranger, who nearly ran my partner and I down as we were crossing the road close to a pub car park he had just left, and the second was my own brother after a family party. A number of relatives were asking him to get a taxi but he point blank refused. I told him if he drove off I would phone the police. He drove off, I phoned the police, he was stopped a few miles away and found to be three times over the limit. He lost his licence for 18 months and got a large fine. He still speaks to me but never drives after drinking these days.

I will continue to 'advise' people of their obligations/duties affecting other with regard to health & safety and you can continue to turn a blind eye in the hope that no ill will befall you and your family.

merely stated that you have a legal duty to report something that is wrong/dangerous etc

I know a lot of things that are wrong and dangerous on the roads. Does that mean I should report them to the police? No it doesn't.
If I did I'd never get to work for starters.

Now the same questions....
How many times have you drove a vehicle whilst drunk?
And how many times have you seen someone who is/was driving a vehicle whilst under the influence, and never reported it to the police?

Last edited:
Not going to be dragged into a pointless argument with someone who can't put their case across without insults but I will give you the grace of this final reply.

You started it with your stoopid lecture..

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back