Heat falling

P

Passepartout

My radiator has fallen off the wall along with the brackets. What's the best way of fixing the brackets back onto the wall since it is plasterboard and from I can make out the screws were on some kind of spring toggle which has meant that it's a right royal mess back there and ripped a huge hole out!!

The radiator is currently resting on a couple of old bricks and propped upright behind a chair. There was a bit of a drip out of one of the vales but I managed to fix this with a pair of pliers and some superglue.

Sponsored Links
The best way is to get rid of the poxy plaster board.
Don't suppose you'd want to do that, so next option is to run batons between the studs and hang the rad on those.
You will have to redo the valve connection, using superglue is not the way to do it.

I don't know if there are any studs. Behind the plasterboard is some kind of concertina of cardboard which is glued to this surface and onto the other one in the room on the other side of the wall which is the bathroom which is tiled throughout.

Is there any way that I could just glue the board back into place, maybe using some sellotape to make it stronger?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back