Heat Line C28 DHW problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help please, I moved into my house 2 years ago and the heatline boiler was already in. I had problems with the water not getting hot so replaced the dhw sensor, this cleared the problem at the time, but now the DHW has stopped working again and we have to run the cold water at the same time as running hot water to get any hot water at all. Could this be the flow sensor gone faulty? Any ideas? Thanks :D

Sponsored Links
Can anyone help please, I moved into my house 2 years ago and the heatline boiler was already in. I had problems with the water not getting hot so replaced the dhw sensor, this cleared the problem at the time, but now the DHW has stopped working again and we have to run the cold water at the same time as running hot water to get any hot water at all. Could this be the flow sensor gone faulty? Any ideas? Thanks :D

What you have described does not point me towards any particular fault.

Sensors are checked by measuring their resistance!

Ok thanks, will try that.
a bit more info
when we run the kitchen hot water tap the boiler will run then turn off, then run then turn off and so on, we have to run the cold water tap, thats the only time we get hot water, bl**dy thing, the wife is getting really p***ed off now.....

Hi Tony,
Thanks for the advise, I cleaned out the dhw he, still no hot water unless you run a cold water tap in the house????

Sponsored Links
Right thats a blocked plate HE.

When you run the cold tap that slows the hot flow which partially resolves the fault.

You can get the same effect by only turning the hot flow down!

It usually needs a gas reg engineer to remove the plate HE as in many cases the gas valve/pipes need to be taken out but that depends on exactly how yours is fitted.

Tony

Ok thanks, will try that.
a bit more info
when we run the kitchen hot water tap the boiler will run then turn off, then run then turn off and so on, we have to run the cold water tap, thats the only time we get hot water, bl**dy thing, the wife is getting really p***ed off now.....

Hi Tony,
Thanks for the advise, I cleaned out the dhw he, still no hot water unless you run a cold water tap in the house????

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back