Heat Line Vizo 24 keeps blowing fuse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, a mate asked me to have a look at his boiler as he said the pressure kept dropping. A bit of water appeared to be dripping intermittently from under the boiler. couldnt work out where but seemed to be on the left hand side. Anyway i took off cover, lowered electric control panel and after a minute or two, heard a "pop" sound, and the power to the boiler went out. Chercked the used spur and the fuse had blown. Changed the fuse, lowered the panel and agai n same thing, after a few moments another pop, and fuse blown again.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? My uneducated guess is that some of the water that was driping has got into the electrics panel, and lower the panel is moving water around and causing the fuse to blow. But i dare not open the electric paqnels cover to have a look!

Daft Q, but if the water had gone into the circuit, is the boiler gona have to be scrapped?

Sponsored Links
Most boilers can be repaired.

But that one was about the cheapest ever sold.

Sounds like it needs a pro to diagnose!

Tony

Turn all the power off find the cause of the leak repair it then get a hair dryer and dry off all the electrics with the power off then try it if that fails you will need to call a RGI

thanks for the replies lads. Dont know if this is relevant, but when i lowered the electric control panel, i noticed the earth wire from the mains supply was not connected to anything, just seemed to have been cut. Is this normal or does this boiler need to be earthed?

Sponsored Links
The boiler needs to be earthed - get a pro in, just one electric shock could be your last :eek:

how difficult is it to change the divereter valve and motor head? is it something a good DIY'er can do? I've changed a couple of parts on my old biasi boiler, heat exchanger etc.

Where do i get one of these service kits for the diverter valve/motor head?

Finally i should also mention that if i turn the flow on the hot water taps to very low, they do get hot water, but once you turn up the flow on taps, the water gets cold. Could this be caused by blocked DHW heat exchanger?

thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back