Heat recovery system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I'm fitting a kitchen in a new build house that has a heat recovery system "ground source/air source!!" I don't know.

None of the bathrooms have the usual core holed extraction, so I'm assuming the heat recovery system also takes care of the need to duct the extractor out in the kitchen?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
If it's a ducted heat recovery extract system covering the whole house there should be extraction vents in the kitchen and bathroom with air inlets in other rooms. The heat recovery units have to be accessible for changing the filters and other servicing so it shouldn't be tricky to find.
Ground source/air source are heat pumps for heating which are something else again

In the diagram of a HRV system below:

1. The red ducts are for extraction. Warm air from inside the house is drawn along them through the heat exchanger and then expelled outside via the orange 'exhaust' duct.

2. Fresh air from outside comes in via the blue 'intake' duct and passes through the heat exchanger picking up the heat from the air being expelled as it does so. The two air streams are kept separate, only the heat is transferred from one to the other.

3. The warmed fresh air is then distributed via the yellow ducts back into the house.

t213_sg_b_f_20.png

Sponsored Links
If you actually have a heat recovery system it wont be hard to find they are larger than a gas boiler and will have 4 x 100mm pipes coming from the top and a condensate pipe fitted
Air source /ground source is a completely different thing , here is a pic of one, there are other makes but all similar in size

IMG_4460.jpeg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back