Heat requirement per square Meter or Feet?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have been asked to quote a replacement boiler for main house 2 floors with good insulation, windows & doors running radiators(aprox 2600 square feet) and then the annexe at (1600 Square Feet) the annexe is underfloor heating over 2 floors with good all round insulation. existing boiler is aprox 97 KW.

are there any bullpark figures of heat requirments over 1 square meter or 1 square foot?

I dont want to spend too much time on this if the clients decide not to bother.

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
You simply convert square feet to square metres such as:

1 square foot = 0.09290304 square metres. ;) ;)

Yeah, that's the 'bullpark' figure most of the Greenwash Heatpump used-car salesmen quote for an average Winters day. F.ck knows what they really need for our -14C Winters we are now experiencing??!!!....... :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I was going to suggest 50w/m2 for a well insulated place and about 100w/m2 for a less well insulated one.

Tony

Between 3 - 6 btu's per cubic ft.

It takes roughly twice as much to cool than it does heat.

Minimum for a truly well insulated house is around 35W/m2

Surely you dont still think and work in BTUs ?

Even if you do I think you have got those BTU figures wrong!

Tony

Yep, certain things are still worked out in btu's just like certain green grocers still sell in pounds/ounce rather than kilo's.

Figure is correct as a rule of thumb.

Yep, certain things are still worked out in btu's just like certain green grocers still sell in pounds/ounce rather than kilo's.

Figure is correct as a rule of thumb.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back