heated towel rail not getting hot.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the heated towel rail in our upstairs bathroom has over a period of time stopped working. it is a standard through the central heating model with 2 trv at the bottom and a bleed valve at the top left.
The central heating system is non -combi with a multi feed punp in the airing cupboard by the water tank. it has 3 feeds from the pump, 1 downstairs rads, 2 upsatirs rads and 3 hot water.
All rads up and down work fine and have been bled. when i open the towel rail bleed valve it spurts clean water. if i close both valves then no water comes out and if i open/close each valve individually then water spurts out ok so i presume neither are blocked/closed.
if i then keep the bleed valve open for 5 - 10 mins then hot water seems to get through but by the following day it is cold again.
i have tried increasing the pump speed but no improvement.
any ideas please?

Sponsored Links
thanks bengasmen for your reply. Firstly a slight error in my description in that the towel rail is as said through the central heating but has 2 adjustable "radiator type control valves" which i presume are inlet /outlet so not actually trv's.
the pump has multi feed written on it. basically there are 3 electric leads going into it, hot water, upstairs rads and downstairs rads as the upstairs and downstairs heating is seperatly controlled.

Sponsored Links
3 two port valves, towel rad could be plumbed any number of ways.
I reckon some twonk has left it on the old primaries.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back