Heated towel rails.What to look for,what to avoid

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As the title says,I'm looking to buy a heated towel rail when I redo my bathroom in the spring.
The bathroom is roughly 9ft by 6ft by 8ft high with an airing cupboard taking up 3ft by 2 1/2ft so I was hoping to do without a conventional radiator and have the towel rail as the sole source of heat.
Are they man enough for the job ?
What size/btu should I be looking at ?
Is there much difference in the construction re chrome finish versus white?

I was looking here http://www.discountedheating.co.uk/shop/acatalog/Towel_Warmer.html but there's literally too much choice when you don't know what you're looking for :)
Cheers and merry xmas.

Sponsored Links
As the title says,I'm looking to buy a heated towel rail when I redo my bathroom in the spring.
The bathroom is roughly 9ft by 6ft by 8ft high with an airing cupboard taking up 3ft by 2 1/2ft so I was hoping to do without a conventional radiator and have the towel rail as the sole source of heat.

I was looking here http://www.discountedheating.co.uk/shop/acatalog/Towel_Warmer.html but there's literally too much choice when you don't know what you're looking for :)
Cheers and merry xmas.

You need to do a room size calculation (wickes have one).
Note white towel rails give out twice the heat of the equivalent chrome.

Cheers and merry xmas.

You need to do a room size calculation (wickes have one).
Note white towel rails give out twice the heat of the equivalent chrome.

white do give out more heat but it isn't double, i personally don't like white they always look like they are made of plastic

Sponsored Links
I didn't know white gave out more heat than chrome so that's useful info.
Anything else I need to bear in mind ?

electric element in the bottom if you want to use it for drying towels in the summer (although this will alter the pipe distances as one side with need a normal angled rad valve instead of two straight ones)

Nah,won't be bothering with a heating element.

I bought Stelrad radiators off that website I linked to a couple of years ago as they seem to come highly recommended.Would they be a wise choice again ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back