Heated Towel Rails

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking round for a heated towel rail to complete my bathroom refit.

The bathroom is 6ftx7ftx8ft which following the 'calculator' means I require an output of 1680 btu's (this seems quite but............)
What mystifies me is a rail (450mm x 975mm) provides an output of 1000 btu's yet a smaller one (400mm x 900mm) at the same price of £99 gives 1600 which over a third more!

Is there a simple explanation for this?

Sponsored Links
More surface area/bars, different thickness of steel, btu calculated overseas ie china and not British thermal unit equivalant.
Pete

Someone mentioned that a powder coated rad will output more than a chromed one - dont know if this correct.

Also check the delta T values that are used to calculate the radiators stated output. it will read something like '1496 btus @deltaT50' or whatever.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the quick replies.

So it doesn't necessarily do what it says on the box?

Any other advice on buying a towel rail?

If it is your property and you intend staying for a while pay a bit more for better quality chromium plating with metal fixings rather than painted plastic.

Get a curved one so you can hang towels without them brushing against the wall.
Pete

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back