Towel Raditor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a fairly small bathroom which is basically 2 x 2 x 2.3 heigh.

I would really like to swap the rad with a chrome towel rad, but I know their output is pretty poor so we are considering white rather than chrome, or paying a bit more to get a chrome rad with a better BTU. The rad was under the window, so I need to find one with centres of 550 & a maximum height of about 750.

I have found this towel radiator - http://www.towelradiator.co.uk/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=47 which outputs 1676 BTU's.
Calculating the required BTU's for this room, I believe this should be suficient.

- Are my BTU calculations correct ?
- Are Adige Towel radiators any good or can anyone recommend a better manufacturer.

Thanks for reading,
Ian

Sponsored Links
As far as I'm aware (and please feel free to correct me on this) the colour of your towel rail won't make a blind bit of difference to it's output.

Towel rail looks fine, although I've not done a calc on the room as someone's nabbed my calculator so I'm just going on the look of it, never heard of Adige so can't comment on them

in screwfix the white rails always have a higher output than the silver ones of the exact same size and design, i guess the silver keeps the heat in like takeaway food containers do.

Sponsored Links
in screwfix the white rails always have a higher output than the silver ones of the exact same size and design, i guess the silver keeps the heat in like takeaway food containers do.

The guy in the plumbing store suggested it was to do with the paint.

Its pay your money and take your choice the screwfix ones are perfectly ok and what would cost you 70 quid will cost you around £200 from plumbcentre etc for one of the recognised makes such as stelrad.
And to be honest the quality is not that different

Heat outputs of towel rads don`t really matter because the first thing anyone does is hang towels over it thus stopping the heat getting out.

And be careful the surface temp of the chrome ones seems a lot hotter than a normal rad . I bent over andgot caught for a second my as#e looked like it had been sponsered by adidas for a few weeks . ouch :oops: :LOL:

Heat outputs of towel rads don`t really matter because the first thing anyone does is hang towels over it thus stopping the heat getting out.

Surely the towel reduces the btu rating by X BTU's ? Thus the more output the more heat will come out of the rad when a towel is on it.

I have found a Quinn towel rad which is pretty much spot on but in white. Quinn Pearl 600 x 800 (560 centres) with a BTU rating of 1668. So I think I'm going to go with that rad. That should be plenty enough for the room.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back