Heater not working Vaillant Eco Tech Plus 831

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Radiator wasn't on much today as it was quite warm but it's not working now. If you look at the thermostat (which isn't near the boiler) it says off on the screen whereas it normally says the degrees.

Not sure if this can be resolved at home but called the boiler people and they'll call tomorrow for an appointment. Not sure when they will come but it's cold right now so wondering if this can be solved.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you need new batteries in your room 'stat,

If it says it is 'off', try turning it 'on'?
It's never said off. And how do you turn it on if it says off? It's a digital screen. I thought it wouldn't say off it it needs new batteries. I don't have a clue about these things. I'm not the home owner lol.

Sponsored Links
To add, it's one of those things attached to a wall in a convenient place in the house where you can alter the degrees. It has a dial thing for that (circle which you turn clockwise or anti clockwise depending on the temperature you want it). It has a small digital screen, enough for it to display 2 digits and C, or off. Well it says off I think, looks more like IOF.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back