Vaillant Eco-Tec Plus 831 Combi - Any good?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking to get a Vaillant Eco-Tec Plus 831 Combi along with the wireless VRT350F Wireless Programmer Thermostat.

Will be going in a 3 bed bungalow, with one bathroom and about 10 rads.

Had about 4 quotes from different gas safe fitters all recommended to us, all of them recommended their own preference of boiler brand, and saying the others not as good... which made my job of judging which one to go for a bit tricky!

The fitter we have chosen can offer the extended 7 yr warranty on the Vaillant and also was the only one to recommend power flush over a standard mains flush so warranty terms are adhered to.

However Ive spotted a few stories saying the Vaillants arent as good as they should be, customer service a bit flaky..... however I have also read that much of the eco tec problems have now been ironed out and the newer models are pretty good.

Sponsored Links
The new versions are much better than the older version.

3rd on my list of preferred boiler to fit.

Powerflushing is NOT required to adhere to the warranty. Bringing the water quality up to a standard is the requirement.

If you want a mainstream boiler and a 7 year warranty then fill your boots.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back