Installing Timeswitch Eco TEC 831

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My mother has just moved into a bungalow, the boiler is a Vaillant Eco TEC 831 combi with an integrated VTS 160 time switch.
She is quite elderly and doesn't take to new technology well, her previous house had a combi with a remote timeswitch that she could manage very well, it was a Siemens RWB 1007.
The hour change sorted itself, and she only had two buttons to worry about, Boost and Advance, does anyone know how to connect a RWB 1007 to the Eco TEC 831.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The clock should automatically do the hour change on the vrt 160 I think.

But anyway. If she wants the Siemens programmer fitted because she is used to it. Then you will have to get a gas safe engineer to fit it as the wiring involves taking the front casing off which forms the seal of the combustion chamber.

Have you considered one of these:
https://www.mrcentralheating.co.uk/...gclid=COqdv76Fm8oCFUZAGwoddNwDCA#.VpAaevdFDqA

You can't get much simpler than these. You will however have to manually adjust it when the clocks change

Thanks for the reply, the 160 isn't the easiest clock to get on with when you're in your 80's, I must admit I find some of the menus a little confusing.
I did think of the mechanical clock but the boiler is in an award place and the idea is to make things easier for her by putting the programmer in the kitchen.
She's used to the 1007 so I would rather not introduce anything new for her to learn.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back