Vaillant Ecotec plus 831 - swapped diverter valve, now no CH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
I have a Vaillant 831 eco tec plus (which has been nothing but problems since being installed 5 years ago).
Anyway - the newest problem I have was initially the pressure kept dropping on the boiler, and I have just recently seen that the diverter valve is leaking.

My question is - I have read that Diaphragm kits are not available for other models in the Vaillant range, but is that the same for the 831 eco plus?

And if not and I have to shell out for a new Diverter valve, I was wondering if someone could advise of correct steps for removal, as despite being quite technical (usually repair own appliance etc), I am worried that if I do things in the wrong order I may cause more harm than good.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
This boiler is pretty reliable.

Most faults are caused by the installer not cleaning the system properly.

What ( if any ) problems have you had which were NOT as a result of dirty system water?

Tony

This boiler is pretty reliable.

Most faults are caused by the installer not cleaning the system properly.

What ( if any ) problems have you had which were NOT as a result of dirty system water?

Tony

None of them were related in fact.
When under warranty we had on two occasions one of the rubber pipes burst which took out the PCB, and on the 2nd occasion they decided to change the boiler as it had done some other damage.
We then had further issues once changed which was also under warranty on two occasions (cant remember what they were,but they were most certainly not down to dirty system water).
The last issue we had before this current problem was that it had the old type of pressure sensor resulting in what I think was the F75 error - this was changed and has been running ok for around 6 months, and we now have this current problem.

Is anybody able to advise?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Must have fitted over 50 vaillant 831 apart from some minor issues no major faults.

That's cool - I must have been unlucky then.

Anyway, we cant afford to replace or get someone to look at it again at moment as we have a new baby, so any advise on our current problem would be apreciated.

Burst hoses caused by Piower flush chemicals being still in system usuall an f75 sensor fAult almost always dirt in system divertor leaks from spindle ALso. Usually system contamination lol! U can't do any repairs to these diverters change it 178978 an beware it has not leaked into motor an caused pcb to fault

Burst hoses caused by Piower flush chemicals being still in system usuall an f75 sensor fAult almost always dirt in system divertor leaks from spindle ALso. Usually system contamination lol! U can't do any repairs to these diverters change it 178978 an beware it has not leaked into motor an caused pcb to fault

Well its actually still working at the moment, as the leak is quite small.

So what would you recommend (i.e - power flush, and then change diverter)?

Whatever you choose to do about it - it will be the first repair you have had to actually pay for in five years so you should not be complaining sounds like Vaillant have been very fair with their warranty!! :rolleyes:

Well its actually still working at the moment, as the leak is quite small.

So what would you recommend (i.e - power flush, and then change diverter)?

Anyone able to advise at all?

Change d/valve and put some x800 in the system run it for a week and flush it out ,then put in some x100 inhibitor job done

Change d/valve and put some x800 in the system run it for a week and flush it out ,then put in some x100 inhibitor job done

Thanks lightning. Really Appreciate your advise.

Have part on order currently, have you any recommendation as to the best steps as to approaching the task of removal and replacement of the part?

Once again - Thank you.

get a fernox TF1 or similar product fitted. Clearly you have contamination in your system. Burst hoses, f75 and DV spindle leaks all caused by poor water quality. Vaillant are very generous with their warranty. Most manufacturers would have walked away after the first fault.

get a fernox TF1 or similar product fitted. Clearly you have contamination in your system. Burst hoses, f75 and DV spindle leaks all caused by poor water quality. Vaillant are very generous with their warranty. Most manufacturers would have walked away after the first fault.

Thanks Mickyg - I still need to do what lightning said tho don't I? (i.e fit, and then powerflush?)

Update - The new diverter has arrived, so any tips on how to swap out would be highly appreciated?

fit the filter first. That way if you put in chemicals and it loosens up any sludge in your system its more likely to collect in the TF1 and not the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back