Vaillant EcoTEC Plus 831

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having a complete new system installed and my plumber has recommended the Vaillant EcoTEC Plus 831

My plumber says this model is one of the best, but I've read some mixed reviews, has anybody got anything positive/negative they can tell me about this combi?

Sponsored Links
Nothing wrong with it, all the problems ie rubber hoses, pump etc are now sorted. (Watch Vaillant screw it up when they bring out a new one to the end of next year :)

Boiler does like a clean system though, make sure the system is cleaned and has inhibitor ;)

Great. Having a totally new sysem, pipes, rads, the lot.

Would you say this boiler is one of the best about?

yes it is. What Vaillant have done over the last 5years is what makes them one of the best manufacturers around. They accept they have a problem and deal with it and modify the design until its right. Unlike some manufacturers who just pretend there's nothing wrong with it and profit from selling poor quality replacement spares.

Sponsored Links
Yep, magnaclean going in too, thanks :)

So, when buying the Vaillant, is it a good idea to check the manufacurers date so that I'm not buying an old model? Howwould I go about checking?

look at the serial number,first 2 digits will be 21(uk) 3rd and fourth will be the year, 5th and sixth will be the week. i.e 211044

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back