New Vaillant boiler/Ecotec plus 831

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thinking about installing an ecotec plus 831. Has anybody found any problems with this model.

Currently in a four bedroom house with two bathrooms. Will this boiler allow me to use two hot taps at the same time?

Sponsored Links
an ecotec plus 937 or 837 would give you very good hot water (providing you have an adequate cold mains water supply) and are more than powerfull enough to heat the house. The 831 would do the job but your hw wouldn't be quite as good. Vaillant do make excellent boilers though and the glow worm ultracom 38cxi is a well priced alternative. Both have 2yr warranty. ;)

Look at a the Broag Avantapluc 39C combi which has a higher flowrate. http://www.tradingdepot.co.uk/DEF/c.../Central Heating Boilers/Broag Remeha Boilers

They are top quality (better than Vaillant) and are now freely available...and cheaper too, as they are making headway into the UK market. Their boiler control systems are Opentherm and quite advanced. They have integral weather compensation and all you do is buy the outside temperature sensor.

They are the best buy by far of any quality boiler at the mo' with a 5 year guarantee. They are well established in the UK under Remeha, doing excellent commercial stuff and decided to import their domestic Broag Avantaplus range. http://www.avantaplus.com/

Look at this thread:
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=157106

Sponsored Links
He's never fitted either, he is a self appointed guru.

Man without portfolio.

The internet is the only place he can be an expert, and never be wrong.

There is nothing wrong with Remeha boilers, but note that they would love to charge Vaillant prices.

We fit both, and we have no problem recommending Remeha to people whose budget is limited. But a better boiler and support than a Vaillant - I don't think so.

But a better boiler and support than a Vaillant - I don't think so.

It is a better boiler. It is better specced with a superior control system, and cheaper than Vaillant. The best price /performance mid-range boiler around, to the point it is a must selection.

Just because the tech sheet spec available on the internet portrays a boiler as being good, does not necessarily make it a good boiler to use in the field.

I have no problem with Broag either, every manufacturer has their place, Broag know theirs and that is why they price and market accordingly.

Just because the tech sheet spec available on the internet portrays a boiler as being good, does not necessarily make it a good boiler to use in the field.

I have no problem with Broag either, every manufacturer has their place, Broag know theirs and that is why they price and market accordingly.

I agree, you don't get a bmw for the price of a kia do you?

They are well made. Anyone with any idea of boilers can see that taking the case off. I advise you to do it. They have a good reputation in the field in reliability. Do a search on here and read what those who have fitted them say. They are also well specced and the OpenTherm control system with two boiler temperatures, although not the only boilers with this function, sets them apart from the crowd. Not to mention the 5 year guarantee too.

All the boilers I fit have a 5 year warranty.

The difference is, I do not rely on internet forums to tell me what is good, otherwise we would have been fitting Kestons for the last 5 yrs.

We go on build quality, ease of maintenance and percentage of failures. The Remeha is not outstanding but good in all these areas. By far and away the most reliable boiler we have fitted in the last 36 months has 'Vaillant' written on it.

If I did not fit any boilers I would be reluctant to offer selection advice here; that does not matter to Big Burner. He has seen some of the boilers he recommends with the covers off at trade exhibitions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back