New Vaillant boiler/Ecotec plus 831

All the boilers I fit have a 5 year warranty.

The difference is, I do not rely on internet forums to tell me what is good, otherwise we would have been fitting Kestons for the last 5 yrs.

You must be reading different forums to me then. The Keston Celsius was a dog and many here say so. Keston quality dropped off in the past 5 years, although the new boiler, the Qudos, is gaining ground.

We go on build quality, ease of maintenance and percentage of failures. The Remeha is not outstanding but good in all these areas. By far and away the most reliable boiler we have fitted in the last 36 months has 'Vaillant' written on it.

Vaillant are reliable enough. But they have made some dogs. They are expensive and poorly specced to other makes, to the point I would avoid most of their models them until they get the specs up and prices right. And that goes for Worcester-Bosch too. They are over priced for what they are.

When looking at quality makes around it is difficult to home in on Vaillant as they just don't make it.

Sponsored Links
BB aka Dr Drivel and water systems, you must have been to a few trade shows in the last year, as this time last year approx all you would recommend were thermal stores, but you seem to have gone off them now.

Perhaps reality proved to you that those of us at the sharp end were indeed correct :confused:

Vaillant are reliable enough. But they have made some dogs. They are expensive and poorly specced to other makes, to the point I would avoid most of their models them until they get the specs up and prices right. And that goes for Worcester-Bosch too. They are over priced for what they are.

When looking at quality makes around it is difficult to home in on Vaillant as they just don't make it.

Whilst you like to give your opinion by posting on forums, we all know that you are not a real credible person whom we can meet at exhibitions or other meetings.

In reality you only have a virtual internet presence and are a non-identity and are so insecure that you dont even write under your real name!

Tony

mr BB, can you give some sort of justification to your posts?? apart from a spec sheet what do you like so much about the broags?? I havnt yet fitted one and would love some positive imput from a seasoned pro. I'm currently on a run of vitodens 200s, I find them a good solid boiler just not that keen on the push fit flue and the faffing about hanging them on that crap manifold bracket. what about the broags?? flues, electrics etc etc, what in the real world makes them so good for the installer? or perhaps we should discuss this in the CC?? be great to hear back from.

Sponsored Links
Whilst you like to give your opinion by posting on forums, we all know that you are not a real credible person whom we can meet at exhibitions or other meetings.

I don't have stands in exhibitions.

mr BB, can you give some sort of justification to your posts??

what in the real world makes them so good for the installer?

Read the posts the justification is there. It is very clear. BTW, I like Viessmann, except the 100 range.

I think you'll struggle to find the justification.

If you fitted Viessmann 300s you would know about the fan problems, and the varispeed pump communication issues. The latter also affects 200W.

But you don't, so it is all based on spec sheets. Pointless Drivel. <snip>

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back