Heating Advice

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi

My house had a old oil boiler (approx 35 yr old) which we decided to upgrade to a new Grant boiler with Hive system.

I also have an open fire back boiler.

All my rads heated well before any work was carried out so we got a few prices from plumbers.

Long story short, new boiler was move from inside to outside, but when initially when plumber tried to get the rads heating as he drain the system it took him a few hours to get any heating at all.

Some rads didn't heat at all. the Plumber had installed a magnetic filter and he told me to keep an eye on this and clean it often for the first while as it would attract the dirt in the system.

Heating stop heating rads again for a further £300 was spend on 8 air valves on the heating system as he said it was a mixture of air and dirt.

He advised for me to take rads off and flush them out this should resolve the issues - i did this few weeks back still the same, some bedroom rads heating very low and 2 do not heat at all.

The install was completed back in February and the extra air valves were added a week later.

I have paid in the region of £6k and the heating is not working correctly at all.

Would you contact plumber and tell him to get it fixed to the way it was?

Any advice appreciated.

Sponsored Links
One other point the new grant boiler was signed off does this include the heating system as in heating rads and working properly?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back