Heating Flush

Sponsored Links
that tank is your problem, the water level should be up at the vevel of the bue ballcock the hole juse adove the existing water levil is the pipe that supplies the heating system, either the ballcock is seized or somone has closed a valve somewhere, try gently pushing the blue ball down and see if water comes out

Yes when i push down water comes out.

the pipe(hole) you say above the waterline seems to be the overflow as its running towards the soffit.

what i see

Attachments

• Pic9.JPG
    Pic9.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 43
Sponsored Links
does this tank feed the cold water taps?

and you still think the water level should be higher?

i noticed the ball cock bent
no it doesnt feed anything but the heating system, would you want to drink that ? common for ball cocks to be bent

no it doesnt feed anything but the heating system, would you want to drink that ? common for ball cocks to be bent

Thats why I asked not drinking that.

do you still think a valve could be closed or partially closed somewhere Ian?

clean the tank then fill it and see if it stops your circulation problems

thanks Ian will try that so just scoop the water out until its empty, clean tank then let it refill?

Also would this cause the problem for oil boiler not heating water in the cylinder?

thanks Ian will try that so just scoop the water out until its empty, clean tank then let it refill?

Also would this cause the problem for oil boiler not heating water in the cylinder?
yes, you might need to do some bleeding of things though

OK will defo try that, I think there is an air lock in the Hot Water cylinder as open fire back boiler doesnt heat water and oil boiler doesnt heat it to a good temp so i have to use the immersion every day.

Can i bleed the water cylinder any way?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back