Air in my system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Recently I noticed that my 2 living room rads were not heating up. All other rads in the house were. It was suggested to me by a plumber to turn the valves on all the working rads off only leaving the two living room rads on and they should heat up. Wait 20-30mins and then turn all rads back on. He said it would likely be air in the system.

Sure enough my living rads started pushing out full heat and I could hear water gurgling in one of the rads as it began heating. I followed the plumbers instructions and everything seems fine but I’m still not happy with my living room rads, one is still not getting as hot as it use to and they are still intermittently heating/not heating when they should be.

For some context, I live in a bungalow, I have a Worcester bosch green star 30i combi supplying 8 rads. The two living room rads are the two furthest from the boiler and one of them is only 6 months old. I’ve tried bleeding all rads numerous times and whilst I am occasionally getting air from a few it still hasn’t sorted the issue. When the issue first occurred I even drained the whole system and refilled with no joy.

The only thing that has changed recently is a bathroom refurb. Separate bathroom/toilet each with its own rads has been knocked through and one rad put in its place. Which became the closest rad to the boiler.

Apologies for the long winded post, I’m at a bit of a loss here, I’m not sure if it’s worth calling a plumber out for this? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Hi Andy,

Thanks for your quick reply. Is that something I could do or does it need a plumber?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back