Heating and hot water not working. Potterton Suprima 40l

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help me with Potterton Suprima 40L?
I came home today to find the heating and hot water is not working? The timer is set as normal and lights on. The boiler had orange and green flashing light. I tried reset but no joy. I have switched the boiler off at the electric point for 20 mins, turned back on, but it is still not working. Light was flashing orange and green as if it was trying to start, then just flashed red. Any ideas on what to do next before I call somebody out? The boiler is only 2 yeras old.

Luke

Sponsored Links
unfortunately could be several things to check but as its a suprima then chances are it's the pcb. call someone, out not much user can check if all controls are calling for heat.

Baxpoti may have some other suggestions if he reads this post

Thaks for quick response.
Any recommendations of anyone to call out, based in South East London

Luke

No one specific but a local installer , corgi reg is a must. If pcb expect around £300 for repair :cry:

Sponsored Links
Lukechap said:
just flashed red

How frequent is the flashing? once a second, three times a second or faster?

Is it flashing 'red/off' or 'red/orange'?

I pressed and held reset for 20 secs. Light then just went red, it is on all the time. I switched whole lot off for 90 mins then back on, it is still just a red light now, not flashing. but not as bright as it was.

Luke

I have noticed the electric has been off today, could this have caused a problem

Press and hold reset for 10 seconds/until it blips orange

Switched power back on. Red light just remains. Pressed reset for 10 secs - no change

Luke

I have a 2 year old suprima 50L with almost exactly the same problem you describe - have done some reading around and problem appears most likely to be the PCB - this boiler appears to be infamous for having bad PCBs. It seems generally to have more than its fair share of faults and reliability issues too.

Thanks for letting me know. At least it reassures me to get someone out to have a look and not just someting simple I have turned off by accident.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back