Heating basics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

A few really basic questions!

If i turn the heating on and turn all but one of the radiators down to zero then will this cost less than if all are turned to 5? i.e. is it the boiler usage or the radiator usage that matters.

other Q is - one of my radiators goes hot even when it is turned to 0. has this been set up wrong perhaps? how can i correct this? it is still hot if turned to 5 also...

thanks!

Sponsored Links
1/. yes, it will cost less as there will be a reduction in heat loss from the radiators turned off, but you will find that the house will get cold ;) ;)

2/. TRV probably faulty

1) yes it will cost less as with less to heat the boiler will cycle off or modulate down more - ya gets nowt for nowt

2)your rad valve is kaput

Matt

Sponsored Links
Valve will either have to be changed complete, or if you know the manufacturer it may be possible to source a replacement head for it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back