is it safe to remove tank stat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

i have problems with my central heating, having exhausted everything it basically cannot be fixed as the system is totally crap.

if it turn the stat on the water tank to 0, water if forced to the radiators, when i turn the stat up water goes back to the boiler, this is the only way i can get hot radiators.

My question is can i remove the tank stat, so the hot water constantly heats up,when i want heating the thermostat in the room should open the valve,and hot water heating stop.If i need hot water i can turn down the wall stat so hot water starts again
doe sthat make sense>>>lol

Sponsored Links
post some pictures of the pipework round your boiler, cylinder and pump, and the motorised valve.

add some description of why your system is rubbish and why it can't be fixed.

explain why you want your family to be scalded by the hot taps.

hi

the problem i have is that i can only have hotwater and central heating once the hotwater has reached its temperture, the hot water tank takes priority over the radiators.

the stat on the tank is at the bottom which takes forever to get up to temp,which means i get no radiators,and evertime cold water is introduced to the tank the central heating takes longer to get hot.

Now what i have now done is to move the tank stat to about just under half way, this way the stat is reading the temp at an earlier time, i know it may mean only half a tank of hot water but thats plenty for me.I now have the radiators hot, and hopefully the downstairs will get hot too.

i have introduced sludge remover into the system and am hoping its not runied the new pump already.

does this all seem a logical step??

Sponsored Links
from what I can understand from your other post, you have an incorrectly-wired programmer or something.

If you get that put right there will be no need to make weird changes like removing the cyl stat.

How about those pictures I asked for?
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=129539

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back