Heating but no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have tried to search these forums before asking this question but dont seem to be able to find anyone with my boiler model and the same problem. (unless I missed it)

We have a worcester bosch 28cdi, and recently the pressure in the system was low even though the heating was fine - and so was the hot water. My husband got the key and raised the pressure to and it accidently went up to 2bar (cos I was chattin and turned it the wrong way!!! :rolleyes: )
Anyway all seemed well until last week when the water ran cold. At some times of the day it was fine and then others we had no hot water.
It seemed to right itself and the heating is fine, but then over the weekend the hot water went completely.

Heating is still fine, pilot light fires, clock switches on and off at the right times etc and temperature is maintained fine. Just no hot water.

Is there anything we could do try to get the hot water back - before calling out someone ?
Also, does anyone know an honest plumber in Bristol - we really dont want to be ripped off right before xmas.
The boiler is approx 2-3 years old I believe.

Any help would be very gratefully received
thanks
Samantha

Sponsored Links
I'm not familiar with the particular nuances of that boiler but in principle it has nothing to do with your letting the pressure go up to 2.

It'll be to do with the diverter valve, needs an engineer to it.

COULD WELL BE THE DIAPRAGHM IN THE DIVERTER VALVE,VERY TRICKY JOB GET A WORCESTER TRAINED ENGINEER OR B/GAS

Isn't the 28 cdi a four pipe heat exchanger? i.e. with no diverter valve?

Or am I thinking of the 28i instead?

Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back