Heating controls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys

As a follow up to last weeks stramash, boiler continues to work fine, I need a bit of advice. Currently I have a Horstmann twin channel programmer that works ok, with an add on HRT4ZW rf stat, which doesn't work well at all. It is very prone to losing contact with its base unit that is approx 4m away, albeit through two brick walls. I need to get an RF stat that works reliably, either as an add on to the existing programmer, or as a complete new set up. I don't want to go down the Hive, Nest etc internet based apps, so can anyone recommend a product either to buy, or stay away from.

Regards
Martin

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Dan

Hmm, 12 radiators plus the rest, not much change from a grand. I don't doubt it's a Rolls Royce product and I know you get what you pay for but I don't think the chancellor will quite see it like that. Further exploration I fear.

Thanks anyway
Martin

Horsmann are crap. You could try the honeywell cm927. Plumb center also do a more basic version for 50 notes. Should be more than capable of 4m through 2 walls

I believe the CM927 is only one channel, I need a two channel device. Either way I picked up a Salus RT300 this morning which will sort out the reliability problem for the moment, a bit of wiring I know, but that's the easy bit. Thanks for the suggestions. The Horstmann RF product is going back to the wholesaler for a "discussion".

Regards
Martin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back