heating element

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
a couple of months ago i replaced a burnt out heating element for my immersion heater ,well today no hot water , the timer is ok but the element is not heating up, so i assume its knackered , the thing is its a "BACKER" element and i wonder if anyone has had any problems with this brand ,when i installed it and turned it on it seemed to vibrate, now thats not normal is it . i can`t find the reciept do you think they`ll replace it............the last time i change the immersion tank and element was about 10 years ago............thanks..................

Sponsored Links
No receipt then no replacement.

Even if its a maker's fault rather than an installation fault.

You really need to see why it has failed.

Tony

Baker is an element manufacture that has been around to my knowledge for 40 years, they used to supply elements for all the major cooker manufactures(do you remember when the UK had a few).

Might be just the stat thats failed, if you own a multimeter and know how to use it try checking the resistance across the element (should be about 20 ohms) resettable thermostats are well known to be poor quality so check the reset button hasnt popped out.

Sponsored Links
Might be just the stat thats failed, if you own a multimeter and know how to use it try checking the resistance across the element (should be about 20 ohms) resettable thermostats are well known to be poor quality so check the reset button hasnt popped out.
thanks mate, spot on with the reset button ,i cant believe i missed it when fitting the element .had a spare thermostat, it`s only when fitting that that i noticed the reset button, so thanks alot .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back