heating in the bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if anyone can help with this question. A customer has asked me to put in a new central heating system, no problem, but hes asked me if his bathroom rads can work independently from the rest of the house. At first I thought about using a three channel programmer and zone valves but this would require a room stat in the bathroom and I've never come accross a stat that met those requirements. so would it possible to fit trv's to the bath rads and rely on them to shut down the flow using the boiler stat. I thought I could run a flow to the rads from a point after the pump but before a three port mid position valve that would operate the rest of the system in the normal way using a twin channel programmer.

Sponsored Links
why dont you just install electric thermostatic elements into the wet system in the bathroom and they can put on independantly to everything else

if you did that when you would always have your heating or hot water on wouldnt you im not sure i know what you mean 100% a 3 port valve something is always on

what i mean is they could turn the heating off and isolate the bathroom lockshields to the rad and just turn on the electric elements use hot water as normal .hope it helps mate but nobody knows everything there could be a better way good luck..

Sponsored Links
what i mean is they could turn the heating off and isolate the bathroom lockshields to the rad and just turn on the electric elements use hot water as normal .hope it helps mate but nobody knows everything there could be a better way good luck..

i knew what you meant i was on about the first question i aint a fan of them electric elaments have seen to many of them split in no time

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back