Heating is fine but hot water is not........

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Can anybody advise what could be wrong with my combi boiler?

I have a Volkera Combi boiler (sorry unsure of the exact model and i'm at work at the moment), the heating side of things is working as it should but whenever i use the hot water or shower etc i get an error code (02) which aparently is a problem with the unit overheating?

the pressure seems fine, the water flow doesn't appear to be affected. Could i have a blockage or air in the system??

I will probably have to resort to having someone look at it unless its something simple??

Thanks in advance
Chris

Sponsored Links
Thanks for you reply.

Is that fairly easy to unblock? i.e do i simply remove it clean it and refit or would i be better off getting a new one?

Thanks
Chris

Sponsored Links
If its giving fault codes im guessing its a linea / syntesi? You ll have to drain the boiler and may need new o rings. Quite an involved job, especially on new years eve!!!

thanks, Yeah Linea rings a bell. I'm at work so can't check but i'm sure thats right.

Tell me about it, might just go out and forget about it tonight!!!! as long as i don't come in at 2am and decide to "fix" it..........

if it makes any difference, when you first turn on the hot tap the boiler does work for a few seconds, but then shuts down give error code 02 and runs cold.....

yeah, reading similar posts etc it seems to be the usual suspect. I'll have a look at what sort of a job it is to remove and give it a go.

Thanks
Chris

Best test to do.

Run the hot water for a few mins till it's as hot as it's going to get, just before it cuts out. Then turn off the tap and check the display. If it's 90+ then you have a blocked plate heat ex for sure.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back