Heating is too warm when weather is milder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Intergas Xclusive 30 which was fitted a couple of years back, along with EvoHome.

Generally I've been pretty pleased with the whole setup, but one thing I've noticed is that if there's a mild spell during winter, it feels like the rooms get a bit too hot/stuffy and I have to tweak the TRVs to drop the temp a bit.

Similarly, if it's super cold outside, the opposite is the case and I have to boost the temp on the TRVs a bit.

It's not really bad or anything like that but I'm just wondering if there's anything that could be done to prevent this, or at least minimise it?

Is it a boiler thing or an EvoHome thing? Would adding an external temperature sensor make any difference?

Thanks...

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Something else I've noticed is that the room temperature shown on the TRV is quite different to the temperature shown on an independent thermometer...sometimes by about 5-6 degrees.

Is that normal?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back