Heating issue - Installing NEST

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, some advice please.

When I switch my heating on the hot water comes on, if I then switch the heating off the hot water stays on. This then seems to heat the radiators even though the heating is off.

I also tried ot have the NEST system installed recently which couldn't happen as the water and heat circuits need to be separate.

I believe i have a 3 way heating valve, from the heating control there are 3 cables, one to the the thermostat on the hot water tank, one to the pump and one to the programmer.

I understand NEST only controls the heating so my question is, can the heat control be re wired to just control the hot water, allowing me to separate off the heating to the NEST control?

Thanks
Rory

Sponsored Links
You should be able to install Nest on your system and use a different timer for hot water. I've installed lots of Nests on various systems and I'm yet to find a system that it cannot be installed on

I think your describing gravity hot water/pumped central heating, if it is you will need to use a relay.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back