Heating issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a timber framed home with a bay window in the lounge. In the bay is a radiator and the UPVC window and glass gets warm from the radiator. I have a bay in the dining room same setup but not the same problem, anyone point me in the right direction as to what made be wrong. When I say warm it warm to touch (both glass panes and window frame) while the two windows either side of the bay are cold like the windows in the dinning room.

Anthony

Sponsored Links
Does it have unlagged pipes in the stud wall?

Why is this a problem??? Radiator heats something above it, it's a convection heater, heat gets carried in the air, air flow is dependant on all sorts of things.....

Sponsored Links
Why is this a problem??? Radiator heats something above it, it's a convection heater, heat gets carried in the air, air flow is dependant on all sorts of things.....

The problem in this room is the coldist in the house. I understand convection but the sill the window sit on is cold, the frame and glass above it what gets warm

If it's got something like Kinspan then warm air can easily get up the cavity.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back