Heating job.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

My sister-in-law's brother asked me if I could fit a new heating system with a Band A combi and complete new radiators and pipework, to replace old Parkray freestanding soild fuel boiler, warm air system :eek: . It is a 3 Bed house with 2 persons living in, I've ask them it would be better to have a system boiler and cylinder, no, they want combi.

The combi boiler will sit in kitchen, cylinder and storage tanks in loft removed, small towel rail in airing cupboard. Reroute hot and cold pipework ( plastic ) with copper ( I don't trust plastic pipes, not after what I had before ) :mad:
I am a experienced deaf plumber for 12 years working for Housing trust, doing fitted bathroom, heatings. Also cerf. to do Honeywell control.

I have had experiene with some make of boilers like Baxi, Potterton, mostly on Vaillent.

Now what I need to know, after planning the job, I will fit radiators, pipework, Hang boiler, connect to combi ( F,R,CF,HW,Con and PRV ) leaving gas, fill system, clean, drain, proofer, making good. I will get a corgi enginner to run a new gas pipe to new meter, to boiler, test, commissioned, sign off. I have know him for years.

I don't want a housing trust's own corgi man as I don't trust him.

Will that be ok?

Sponsored Links
As long as all the gaswork and the installation of the boiler is done by the corgi chap, it is fine.

Thank. I can just hang the boiler so I can connect up the pipework, leaving flue and gas pipe to corgi.

Other thing, His wife want the boiler in loft. I don't like the sound of having a combi in loft where it may be at risk damage by frost. We agreed to sited it in kitchen.

I have research the web and my heating book, where a boiler sit in loft, there must be a loft flooring, a fixed light, a loft ladder, a guard rail, and a iso-switch sited in landing and all pipework to be lagged up.

But as I never fit one in loft before, what is the risk having a boiler in loft? What is the point?

Dan

I fitted a combi in a loft last month and if its done correctly its great.As you say board it out,lighting and ladder,i fitted a timer and wireless roomstat and with built in frost stats and lagging its ok.I might put mine in the loft and gain a extra space in kitchen.With elec/ignitions it doesent matter if its up there

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back